- Official name: Foreign Trade University - Đại học Ngoại thương
- Short name: FTU
Foreign Trade University (FTU) is a public university established in 1960, located in Hanoi, Vietnam. The university also has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Quang Ninh.
FTU is recognized as one of the most prestigious universities in Vietnam and has gained enormous achievements in providing talented graduates to the Vietnamese economy.
FTU offers a wide range of majors and specializations in economics, business, business administration, finance and banking and foreign languages. It offers both undergraduate and graduate programs for both local and foreign students. These courses are taught in Vietnamese, English, Japanese and French
Foreign Trade University (FTU) in details
1. Year of Establishment: 1960.
- FTU HEADQUARTER IN HANOI
+ Address: 91 Chua Lang Street, Dong Da District, Ha Noi City.
+ Telephone: (84-24)32595158 | Fax:(84-24)38343605
+ Website: http://www.ftu.edu.vn/
- FTU CAMPUS IN HCM CITY
+ Address: 15 - D5 street, ward 25, Binh Thanh District, Ho Chi Minh City
+ Telephone: (84-28)35127254 | Fax:(84-28)35127255
+ Website: http://cs2.ftu.edu.vn/
- FTU CAMPUS IN QUANG NINH
+ Address: 260 Bach Dang, Nam Khe Town, Uong Bi City, Quang Ninh Province
+ Telephone: (84-203)3567 089 | Fax:(84-203)3385 2744
+ Website: http://csquangninh.ftu.edu.vn/
3. Mandate: to provide higher education in foreign trade economics aiming at supplying human resource for the economic sector generally and foreign trade economic activities particularly, providing knowledge to community members for their specific business purposes, and simultaneously fostering the team of lecturers, academic researchers in order to contribute to national education, academic research and economic development.
4. Board of Management - Foreign Trade University 2020 - 2025
The President of FTU
Assoc.Prof.Dr Bui Anh Tuan
Chairman of University Council
Assoc.Prof.Dr Le Thi Thu Thuy
Assoc.Prof.Dr Dao Ngoc Tien
Assoc.Prof.Dr Pham Thu Huong
5. Degrees and Training Programmes
- Full-time Undergraduate Programme (B.A. Degree): 4.5 years, specialized in Foreign Trade Economics, Business Administration and Business English.
- Master's Degree Programme (M.A. Degree): 3 years, specialized in World Economy and International Economic Relations.
- Doctoral Degree Programme (Ph.D. Degree): 5 years, specialized in World Economy and International Economic Relations.
- Part-time In-service Programme (B.A. Degree): 5 years, specialized in Foreign Trade Economics.
- Part-time In-service Second Degree Programmes for non-foreign trade graduates: 2.5 years, specialized in Foreign Trade Economics.
- Part-time In-service Second Degree Programmes for foreign trade graduates and non-foreign trade graduates: 2.5 years, specialized in Business English.
- In-service Training Courses on Foreign Trade Economics in different cities/provinces throughout Vietnam.
6. Academic Research Activities
Meeting the Needs of Industry
- FTU originates itself as a research oriented university. Research activities are promoted by the FTU Board of Governors and proactively participated by the FTU lecturers
- FTU has successfully conducted a great number of research projects funded by the government of Vietnam and international organizations from all over the world from France, Germany, Australia, Russia, South Korea, Switzerland,…
- FTU has transferred state-of-the-art management knowledge and models from practice oriented research to the public sector and business community
- FTU is a member of regional and international training and research networks including ARTNeT, AIBEN, BAASANA, SALT, VI…
RESEARCH PROGRAMS - 24 RESEARCH GROUPS
1. Green economy and corporate social responsibility
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Trade, Environment and Development
- Emissions Trading in Vietnam
- Green Consumer Behavior
- FDI and Sustainable Development
- Competition Regime and State-Owned Enterprises
- Mathematical Models in Economics and Application in Solving Some Problems of Economics and the Social Sciences
- Social economic renovation responding to international integration
- Political and Social Aspects of International Integration in Viet Nam
- New Legal Issues of Vietnam's International Integration
- International Trade, Trade and Investment Liberalization
- Supply Chain and Supply Chain Management
- International Trade Security and Facilitation
- Financial restructure and enterprise behavior
- Financial Management
- Corporate Governance and Financial Markets
- Corporate Restructuring
- Corporate Finance and Investment
- Financial Market Analysis
- Innovation and knowledge transfer to enterprises
- Firms' Behavior and Adaptation in The Context of International Integration
- Innovation and Intellectual Property
- Applications of Advanced Management Tools into Vietnamese Settings
- Service Firms and International Integration
- Quantitative Research Methods in Economics and Finance
I-INVEST Competition Scientific Research Contest External Economics Review
for Excellent Students
7. International Relations
Promoting international cooperation has always been recognized as an important measure for the development of the FTU in an increasingly globalized environment. Towards the development strategy of Foreign Trade University by 2020 and vision to 2030, in recent years, FTU has given priority to build up global network with a large number of universities and organizations all over the world.
STATISTICS & FACTS
- With 185 foreign universities, research institutes, from over 30 countries, Foreign Trade University owns a large international cooperation network with various cooperative activities in the fields of training, scientific research, recruitment...
- 22 International Joint Programs
- 200 In-bound International Students each year
- 200 Out-bound FTU Students each year
- 600 foreign students come to FTU to study Short-term programs