Location: Foreign Trade University, Hanoi campus
Duration: 4 years full-time
Assessment: Coursework and exams plus thesis/or internship & final comprehensive exams
- High school diploma
- Passing the national university entrance examination
This program offers a professional legal curriculum that focuses on the core areas of legal practice together with legal skills that international lawyers must have.
- Combination of legal and international business knowledge
- Negotiation skills, contract drafting skill, basic and advanced lawyering skills, skills of international business dispute resolution
- Focus on clinical legal education and legal ethics
- Participation in practical activities including legal teaching, consultancy and research; workshop, moot-court and internship at law firms, arbitration centers.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Students will simultaneously study within a number of special subject areas called `core subjects'. These subjects allow and encourage students to make connections between the discipline of law and the areas of ethics, legal theory, contracts, investments, finance, tax, dispute settlement and international business transactions. Through the study of these and other areas, the curriculum encourages interdisciplinary understandings of law and legal work. Italso provides students with opportunities to choose law electives that are aligned with their own particular interests, including clinical courses that emphasise practical legal skills, insights and experience. Faculty of Law Lecturers are committed to a set of values which guide their teaching and research, as well as their relationships with students. These values are summarized as Professionalism; Integrity and Innovation.
It is especially designed for people who want to work for:
- Legal consultant departments in national and international enterprises
- National or international law firms
- In-house consultancy
- International Arbitration Centers
- State bodies
- National and international organizations.
- Research careers related to international business issues. But students need not restrict their thinking only to law and business - their degree will equip them with skills in auditing, business analysis, banking and their own business.
AREAS OF STUDY
- Business Law
- International Contract Law
- International Investment Law
- Law on Taxation
- Law on Finance and Banking
- Competition Law
- Company Law
- Law on E-Commerce
- Law and practice of Arbitration
For further information, please visit our website at http://law.ftu.edu.vn or contact Faculty of Law Foreign Trade University, 2nd Floor, Building B, 91 Chua Lang Street, Hanoi, Vietnam
Tel: (0084) 4-3 835 6800 Ext: 168 or 284 Fax: (0084) 4-3 834 3605