Language of Instruction: English
Location: Foreign Trade University,
Duration: 4 years - full time
Assessment: Coursework andexams plus thesis/ or internship& final comprehensive exams
- Certificate of English with a minimum score of 500 TOEFL (paper-based), 6.0 IELTS or 670 TOEIC (not required for students from English speaking countries)
- High school diploma with GPA of at least 7.0/ 10.0 or 3.0/ 4.0
- Passing the national university entrance examination
- International students: refer to page 18 for further information
This program offers students the prospect of obtaining a well-rounded education through a selection of required courses and electives with the following key features:
- Statistical analysis of economic issues
- Optimization theory, quantitative analysis
- Economic modeling
- Financial management
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
This advanced training curriculum articulates with that of Colorado State University (USA).
Most of the courses will be taught directly by professors from CSU. Graduates from this program will obtain indepth knowledge related to International Economics as indicated in the curriculum. Benefits of the program include:
- International convertibility: Students in this program can be transferred to foreign universities. All classes completed at FTU under this program will be accepted as equivalent classes at CSU or in other American universities.
- International recognition: Graduates from this program can easily be admitted to higher education in American universities or other developed countries such as honor bachelor degree programs, master degree programs, and PhD programs.
- International competition: Graduates from this program are treated in the same way as graduates from American universities. They can compete successfully with students graduated from foreign countries in both Vietnam and international labor market.
Graduates can work as managers, management trainees, accounting specialists, sales managers, sales representatives, insurance brokers, etc. for both Vietnamese and foreign enterprises. They can become researchers or analysts in government agencies, research institutions, state banks, Vietnam commercial representatives in foreign countries, international institutions, etc. They can also pursue to obtain advanced degrees in business, economics, law, public policy, and public health at prestigious universities such as California, Chicago, Harvard, Minnesota, Stanford, and Wisconsin.
AREAS OF STUDY
- Economic Modeling and Optimization
- International Economics
- Statistical and Mathematical Analysis of Economic Issues
- Applied Econometrics
- Policy Analysis
- International business
For further information, please visit our website at http://www.ftu.edu.vn orcontact
Faculty of Economics and International Business - Foreign Trade University
91 Chua Lang Street, Hanoi, Vietnam
Tel: (0084) 4-3 835 6800 Ext: 514 or 515
Fax: (0084) 4-3 834 3605